Fertility Boosting Recipe: Healthy and Seasonal Raw Apple and Walnut Cake
Walnuts, (which have been linked to increasing men’s sperm quality) are a healthy snack perfect for those heading down the fertility path. Combine them with the gorgeous seasonal apples available this Autumn using the healthy recipe below:
Apple and Walnut Cake
1 cup apple (chopped)
2 cups walnuts
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons of mixed spice
6 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1/3 cup almond milk
3 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Place apples in food processor by themselves. Process them very briefly. Leave apples in food processor.
2. Now add walnuts, raisins, coconut, honey vanilla and cinnamon into food processor. Process briefly and slowly, stopping to monitor the process. You want to get the texture seen in the above pictures – you want to be able to see small chunks of apple, walnuts, raisins etc. Do not over-process!
3. Press cake down into a cake pan or square baking dish firmly.
4. Place all icing ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
5. Ice cake.
6. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving